The Summer I Turned Pretty




I don't know what to expect in this book, moreover in the whole trilogy itself, since I haven't read any Jenny Han books yet. My sister's friends and my friends recommended me to read this book (well, obviously the next two books too), so I did.


What first got me by this book is that it's a first-person narration; the story and the characters felt more real and emotional. At first, Jenny Han's style in writing this book quite confused me as there are a lot of flashbacks. Those flashbacks, however, served as the background and sort of the foundation of the story. I finished the book in 10 hours. There are a few times when the story gets boring and makes me sleepy, but certainly, there are many page-turner parts/scenes that kept me going in spite those not-so-exciting parts. The Summer I Turned Pretty speaks out a lot of preteen girls' insecurities that made the readers (who I suppose are mostly girls) more connected to it.

This book is really really nice. You must read it. It made me crave for more of it, and made me really excited to read the next book which is It's Not Summer Without You.


Rating:   


PS. OMG JERELLY FTW

PPS. Check out my Summer trilogy related blog entries, too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

What is your MOST favorite genre when it comes to books?

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Kae Nava is currently on her 2nd year in college in University of Santo Tomas, and is taking BS Medical Technology. Change is not the only thing constant in this world. Her love for books is.